RigidChips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems.

+4
Kedji
JHaskly
Timothy Ashtön
Project64mugen
8 posters

Go down

Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems. Empty Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems.

Post by Project64mugen Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 pm

I recently found out why RigidChips has the wheel glitch. Part of it is due to compatibility. WIndows XP runs fine with RigidChips, but Vista seems to make the wheel glitch occur much more often (Loading new chips, random bouncing when landing on the ground, freezing when landing on the ground, ETC.) Discuss about RigidChip's problems here. Smile

Project64mugen
Plane
Plane

Back to top Go down

Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems. Empty Re: Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems.

Post by Timothy Ashtön Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I get that all then time. It seem to have a random occurance though, it depends on what you place on your chip, or the number of chips on you chip (Confusing.. -.-). I've found this only happens to *cars*, so yous good on hovers, planes, boat, etc. :9
Timothy Ashtön
Timothy Ashtön
Walker
Walker

http://wildfrontierguidecomplete.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems. Empty Re: Problems with RigidChips's Wheel Glitch, or Other Problems.

Post by Project64mugen Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 pm

As I said, it's partly due to compatibility. Different Operating Systems handle RigidChips differently (As what Chris220 said on the IRC channel).

Project64mugen
Plane
Plane

Back to top Go down

Post by JHaskly Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:53 am

I'm not so sure. I get it on XP.

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedji Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 am

It rarely happens on me. I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 2. I think it's because Rigidchips haven't been updated to cope up with the new OS'.

Kedji
Plane
Plane

https://rigidchips.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Project64mugen Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

It occurs greatly with Vista, and sometimes causes freezing/crashing. It won't happen as bad with XP, since XP is an older operating system.

Project64mugen
Plane
Plane

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedji Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:38 am

Our school uses Windows 7, I'll check there. If it happens occasionally there as well, it might be that the newer the OS, the frequent the bugs will occur.

Kedji
Plane
Plane

https://rigidchips.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Elgoog43 Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 pm

When ever I get rigid chips on this computer I cant see the script messages, most of the meters, regulations, and variables. HELP HELP HELP Exclamation
Elgoog43
Elgoog43
Car
Car

Back to top Go down

Post by Elgoog43 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm

oh and, Hi! I am so glad i found the rigidchips english fourms! i was a user on the previous website(Elgoogr43 or Google43) i forgot which(lol)Dont belive me? I was the one who hosted the rigidchips random contest. anyway Hi! Very Happy
Elgoog43
Elgoog43
Car
Car

Back to top Go down

Post by JHaskly Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Please don't double post.

Oh, and would you mind shrinking your sig picture? It's kind of distracting Razz

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elgoog43 Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 pm

kk
Elgoog43
Elgoog43
Car
Car

Back to top Go down

Post by supershade Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Since noone has veryfied this windows 7 runs Rigidchips at a higher framerate and has no glitches....other than to many chips put together at slightly different angles causes them to break off which is cool in my opinion,
Breaking only occurs when The weight is unevenly distributed or heavily pulled on by two low to ground weights handles weight type ten or eight(which ever the max is) correctly if used correctly.
supershade
supershade
Hover
Hover

Back to top Go down

Post by JHaskly Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Chips loose rigidity and may break if the parent chip has over 12 children. Also, W7 seems to have issues with both 2/3D lines and shadows. They seem to slow RC down more than on XP.

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 am

I have Vista and the freezing feels actually very specific. Its quite frustrating when you add just one chip more then its starts blowing up the model and crashing the game. Oddly when I turn off dust, the blowing up and crashing stops and I can continue with my building.
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Location : Sorry, i was too drunk to remember, what that sign said

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainman Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:30 pm

This problem can also be fixed oftentimes by pressing ctrl+U.
Rainman
Rainman
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by Timothy Ashtön Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 pm

I've also found that. If you load your chip, for me its always cars except for the occasional plane, if you re-load it 'as if' you updated it most of the time the chip won't 'blown up/wheel-glitch' Anyone else?
Timothy Ashtön
Timothy Ashtön
Walker
Walker

http://wildfrontierguidecomplete.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down