RigidChips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network Play

4 posters

Go down

Network Play Empty Network Play

Post by JHaskly Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:09 am

Alrighti-o. RigidChips has a great feature, online play. To bring up the Network dialogue box, press the |tab| button.

First things first, you have the option to either host a session, or connect to an existing one.

Connecting:

Let's start with connecting to a session. Press "Connect" at the top, then put "rigidchips.orz.hm" into the "Host" box, and either "2345", "51234", or "37564" into the "Port" box. This is the japanese server, and it's almost always up. Type your name into the "User" box, and press the "Color" button. You can now choose what colour you want your location tag to be. Press "Start", wait a second or two, and there you go!

If someone else is hosting a session, they'll supply the Host and Port, so put those in in the corresponding sections.

Hosting:

Now, hosting. This can be a little more tricky. Select "Host" a the top, choose a port, and click start!
Now, head over here, and grab your IP.
  • If you're directly connected to the internet (not via a wireless router), then give us your IP and the port you chose, and you're ready.
  • If you are using a wireless router, you will probably need to set up port forwarding. Basically, the IP address from here won't actually be that of your computer, but of your router. So, people will be sending RC's information to the router (good), but it won't be sent on to the computer (bad). Therefore, you have to set up the router so it routes that info to the computer. Enter port forwarding. Because it's different for every router, I won't go into how to set it up, but a quick google search of "port forwarding <your router name>" should do it.

Rules/Guidelines:

If you're going to host a game, then pop up a thread here, and give the Host, Port, and times it will be online. Please don't get angry if no-one joins, as we are but a small community, and if for any reason you can't host a game after announcing one, say that it won't be hosted, rather than leave it hanging.

Finally:

Happy playing!

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Network Play Empty Re: Network Play

Post by Timothy Ashtön Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:34 am

... You have left nothing else to explain! Very Happy Nice, way better than mine!
Timothy Ashtön
Timothy Ashtön
Walker
Walker

http://wildfrontierguidecomplete.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JHaskly Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks! Very Happy

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bwansy Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Very nice, Juz.

bwansy
Admin

https://rigidchips.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:01 am

my rigid chips 1.5 B26 keeps crashing when i connect to the rigidchips.orz.hm online servers. I get the connection for around 30 seconds and then boom - its gone
It works fine when i connect to myself when having RC open 2 times at once (needed for target practice, missile test runs)

Warbird
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by JHaskly Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Hmm, try all three of the orz ports. Sometimes you can be affected by something called "Aisho", which is an incompatibility with another player on the the same server as you.

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down