RigidChips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map request

3 posters

Go down

Map request Empty Map request

Post by SharpX Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Idea
Now I know I could use the other maps for space warfare but still, it would be fricking awsome to have a map where I can take the air resistance and gravity off so I can fly between asteroids with my sick looking space fighter, interceptor, cruiser, battleships or any spaceship in all directions and keep my eyes peeled all the time for my nephew so I can blast his spaceship into bits again and again. The map wouldnt be right ofcourse without a proper skybox or spacebox. The skybox could have like planets, nebulaes, asteroid belts, stars etc.

Can anyone imagine a map like that or even possible find or make it?

bounce bounce bounce Arrow Arrow Arrow lol! lol! lol! Arrow Arrow Arrow sunny affraid cat alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien Question

edit: SUPPORT MY CAUSE, TO ACQUIRE A MAP LIKE THAT, FOR OUR COMMUNITY AND YELL ,,GO GO SPACE MONKEYS!!!,,
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Location : Sorry, i was too drunk to remember, what that sign said

Back to top Go down

Map request Empty Re: Map request

Post by bwansy Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 am

You can't change the skybox with the map itself. Instead, you'd have to change the files in the resource folder. Also, map file can't affect regulations. Simply press 1 and 2 to turn off gravity and air resistance.
As for an actual map that has asteroids and planets, I do recall such a map, but I can't remember where it is at the moment. There's also an attempt to use Lua scenario to create planets with balls, complete with artificial gravity, courtesy to Chippy (correct me if I'm wrong).

bwansy
Admin

https://rigidchips.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am

bwansy wrote:Also, map file can't affect regulations. Simply press 1 and 2 to turn off gravity and air resistance

...take the air resistance and gravity off so I can fly...
Yup, thats what I pretty much meant.

Lets see what others think about the map you mentioned, just maybe they have it and can share it with us . Twisted Evil

EDIT:

I think I found somewhat proper skybox mods, to be more exact 3(yeah the neat looking clouds one is also good but not what I am looking for)

Some pictures of it:
Moon And Universe
Map request Moon-And-Universe
Moonlight At Night
Map request Moonlight-At-Night
Stratosphere:
Map request Stratosphere

Location for these mods:
http://waffles.iota.co.nz/mods.php

Some guys also might like:

New Sky
Map request New-Sky
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by RA2lover Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 am

you can also use the scenario _WARP() function.
RA2lover
RA2lover
Walker
Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:50 pm

RA2lover wrote:you can also use the scenario _WARP() function.

sounds like something related to warpdrive possibly, or am I wrong? please explain!
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by RA2lover Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:02 pm

_WARP(part,xpos,ypos,zpos) just teleports the model containing the part chip at the pos coordinates in meters. you can set its rotation by using _DIRECT(part,x,y,z) ,where x,y,and z are euler angles.
you can also set regulations by using the _SETREG(regulation,value), where the regulation is a string containing that regulation letter. a 0 value unchecks that regulation, and a 1 value checks it.

i made a scenario file with them a while ago to play with Gear97 without terrain hindering "space battles"(the vehicles were never built at all).

still, there are some things to remember with those functions when playing online:

firstly, they only work on scenarios.
secondly, to get a scenario to work online, you must tick the scenario checkbox.
and thirdly, bullets will only work against someone/you if that player has the same scenario AND have the checkbox ticked.

Code:
function OnInit()
_SETREG("G",0)
_SETREG("A",0)
_SETREG("T",1)
_SETREG("J",1)
_SETREG("U",1)
_SETREG("C",1)
_SETREG("S",1)
_WARP(0,7500,7500,7500)
_DIRECT(0,0,0)
end
function OnReset()
end
function main()
end
function OnMode()
end
RA2lover
RA2lover
Walker
Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:20 pm

What if...

....you could help me with scripts and lua when I have developed a ,,raw,, spacecraft material? I have already started making some proof-of.concepts so I could understand the basic controls for such a craft when I have air and gravity off

...you could upload any particular recommended scenario file for this code to maps section so I and anyone else interested in this matter could download it?

By the way, when i use that warp function does the condition of a whole craft will also be transported to new location. I mean like while I am moving 130m/s and then I warp to new location and the craft will continue with that exact same speed or will it be halted?
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down