RigidChips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question of where to start

2 posters

Go down

Question of where to start Empty Question of where to start

Post by Timothy Ashtön Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:21 pm

I know that physics and computer programing knowledge is key inside RC, but where to start, continue, repeat, explain is confusing to me, I go from here to there depending on what I'm wanting or needing to know.
Would it be better just to know as much as possible from A-Z and only go back to clearify? I'm thinking so, but I went to schools where I didn't learn any of this really, all I have is "~~~ For Dummies" or online resources.
I have access to books to anything, I found the Euler Angles vs. Angles really intriging. So end result, ummm... is there a series of books I can go by, or something else?
Timothy Ashtön
Timothy Ashtön
Walker
Walker

http://wildfrontierguidecomplete.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Question of where to start Empty Re: Question of where to start

Post by JHaskly Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 pm

On the topic of programming in the greater world, it can be a little daunting Razz

However, in RigidChips all you need is a basic knowledge of Lua. You don't even need a knowledge of the intricacies (for example I know a fair bit about MetaMethods but have never found a practical use for them in RC (yet)). I would direct you to lua-users.org, but the site seems to be down :'(

As for physics and mathematics and etc., an in-depth knowledge is not really needed for RC. Some knowledge of simple Mechanics (motion) and basic knowledge of forces should definitely be enough to get you started (and more). If you have knowledge of things like differentiation and integration (calculus stuff), it helps you understand what's going on more, but it doesn't matter in the end.

Hope this has helped Very Happy

JHaskly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timothy Ashtön Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't think I could've worded it better if I was you. Thanks, I'll see whats around on just Lua, and wait to see if lua-users.org will pop up again. (Hope its not like ipb... D= )
Timothy Ashtön
Timothy Ashtön
Walker
Walker

http://wildfrontierguidecomplete.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down