RigidChips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springs dont work

3 posters

Go down

Springs dont work Empty Springs dont work

Post by SharpX Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Well i have tried to figure this mistery out on my own, but with no luck. Whenever I load a model with a spring attached to it they topple over, on closer examination it appears they are just loose chips which make them completely useless to use on designs. I am using RC designer for creating models. in RCD whenever I add a spring effect around 0-0.9 it becomes a loose chip.
My RC version is RC15B26, it is the latest one,am I right?
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Location : Sorry, i was too drunk to remember, what that sign said

Back to top Go down

Springs dont work Empty Re: Springs dont work

Post by bwansy Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Springs do work, as far as I can tell. Be aware that the spring constant is proportional to the square of the setting, e.g. spring = 0.5 is only a quarter as strong as spring=1. That might be your problem.

However, if it is a completely lose chip, as if it was attached to a frictionless hinge, that might be a sign of a model error. You'd have to check of there are any "malformed numbers" in the model.

If you're still unable to find the problem, feel free to post your model. The folks here are more than happy to help.

bwansy
Admin

https://rigidchips.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Thats it, all the models that have chips with spring effect become hinges, not springs, not just loose, they just hang around like flags on a pole, no matter what the spring setting is. I mean in settings 0 to 0.9 it happens.
ok more info now with my spring-dont-work-research, I have tested the following RC versions:
rc120- it works fine, wow this one runs so smoothly Razz, too bad it so old
rc15B25 nope
rc15B25b nope
rc15B25c nope
rc1526 nope the one i am using
I have vista and I also tried the Xp SP compatible mode in properties
i also tried turning on and off all regulations, just in case
oddly the only error I am getting is this on upper right corner, it is staing always in game with red text:
Scenario compile error [string``System.rcs``]:7:malformed number near `0.6`
that error is written ingame and it never dissapears
the last error changes only a little bit when I change scenarios, I mean that last number 0.6 changes to 0.5 or something else when I switch the scenario

edit: ok i got rid of that error, but it was not the source of my spring problem, neither are models, i am starting think like this now:``Oh yeah, now I rememeber I have VISTA, I am f--ked, dude, am I right?``
SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by RA2lover Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:13 am

windows language settings - change your decimal indicator to "."(yup, a dot) - this will eliminate the malformed number problem.

in my brazilian portuguese version of vista, it was configured on "language and regional options", but this translation might not be the right name for other languages.
RA2lover
RA2lover
Walker
Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by SharpX Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 am

O,O thanks a lot mate, you are awsome!

WOW, after 2 and half months of using RC and RCD I finally have springs that work, maybe now the LUA works too. If anyone else pumps into a problem like this and has Vista:

1. open control panel with control panel home view
2. open clock, language and region
3. open change keyboards and other input methods
4. open format page
5. then click on customize this format
6. the delete the comma "," and replace it with a dot "."
7. press apply or OK and you are done

SharpX
SharpX
Tank
Tank